Welcome to my website. I’m truly happy you’re here! My name is Diane and this is where you’ll find my creative endeavours & musings of my life as an empty nester and creative business owner, living in the heart of Cornwall. I’m a late bloomer, having carved out a career in art and design in my 40s after spending the previous 20yrs bringing up my children.
I work from home with my husband running our small creative business, Stedi Arts. We have our own individual brands and decided to put them “under one roof” back in 2010. We both love the simple life and living in Cornwall is perfect for that and having an art/design business.
When I’m not working – it’s hard to call it work when I love it so much – you’ll find me sewing, quilting, crocheting or sorting out photos for my scrapbooks, oh and blogging.
Family. I am Mum to four grown up children and three grandchildren. It’s the single most important thing about my life and goes to the core of who I am. My kids are all settled into their own lives and I’m very proud of the adults they have become. My grandchildren are an utter delight and a great source of inspiration for me. I love that they come here for their holidays and play on the same beaches that I played on as a child. I have the best memories of my childhood here in Cornwall and time with my grandparents.
Work. My career and work really evolved from starting out as a hobby. Putting together all the things I love doing from various art, craft and photography hobbies over the years. My work has included:-
- creating bespoke designs for a UK photo book company, and has been featured in UK craft magazines & on Ideal World Shopping channel.
- In 2012 I had an opportunity to work with award winning UK Illustrator & Craft professional, Sarah Hurley on Channel 4’s Kirstie Allsopp’s new craft series.
- I designed graphics for a UK software company, Serif, for their Craft Artist Professional software through their Daisy Trail website.
- I’ve been a professional 3d texture artist & content creator selling my products at DAZ3D for just over 12yrs (as of 2016).
Since early 2016, and after completing Rachael Taylor’s “Art & Business of Surface Pattern Design” courses, I decided to move into the world of surface pattern design. It’s been a long term dream of mine to make pretty patterns for fabric that I can then use to make things for my home and in dressmaking. I hope my designs inspire others to get creative in the same way. Playing with colour and pattern has always been at the core of everything I’ve created whether it’s on paper, fabric or with wool.
Just for Fun
- I’m a Londoner, born and bred
- I live in the heart of Cornwall where I grew up
- I have a strong, deep faith in God
- I believe LOVE is the answer
- I have French and Irish heritage
- I went to the same school as Simon Cowell
- I love marzipan, chocolate and Mount Gay rum – not necessarily in that order
- I’ve lived in USA and Norway
- I’ve traced my Mum’s family back to the 17th Century
- I love coffee table books
- I love old fashioned English country pubs
- I’m really fussy. About almost everything. I actually call it “attention to detail” but Steve insists I’m just fussy
- I’m extraordinarily loyal
- I don’t like crowds.
- I love the thought of a magical world of fairies and pixies where Father Christmas + the Easter Bunny are real
- The day I first met my husband was the same day we moved in together
- I’m allergic to cats
- I’ve seen the birth of two of my grandchildren and my niece
- I’m only 5ft tall
My Story. We all have a story and I think it’s important to share it. On the face of it, it may seem uninteresting or irrelevant but everyone’s story is important and can inspire and help others. I decided to share mine in that hope. I married very young. Had children very young. And later in life found a career and then went on to create a small creative business. I have a wealth of wisdom and experience in both areas and it’s important to me that I can share that to help and inspire.
To find out more about my personal story, please click on my photo or this link
Want to connect with me? I’d love to hear from you. Get in touch. You can join my emailing list – I only send out a newsletter every now and then with general news, latest blog posts and products releases. Or click on this link to take you over to my Facebook page and say hello!