Welcome to my website. I’m truly happy you’re here! My name is Diane and this is where you’ll find my creative endeavours & musings of my life as an empty nester, a multi-passioned digital artist living in the heart of Cornwall.
Dream. Create. Inspire. I love that I’ve been able to work from home over the past several years doing what I love. Not really intentional, it just worked out that way and I’m so grateful that it did. It allowed me to be home with my children and earn a little bit of money, in those early years.
I initially started off doing small custom design jobs through my blog many years ago, as well as admin work for my father who ran his own software development company. And it just evolved from there.
I’m multi-passioned with a love of many creative endeavours. Having a number of passions used to bother me, that I should somehow only have one focus. I don’t. I love art and design. I love writing. I love sharing what I know. I love being able to help, motivate and hopefully inspire other women to pursue their dreams. I embrace all those aspects of who I am instead of trying to pigeon-hole myself, which I did for a long time. There’s still so much I want to do. To achieve. To push out the tent pegs even further.
Here’s a snapshot of some of the work I’ve been fortunate to do in recent years:-
- creating bespoke designs for a UK photo book company
- my work has been featured in UK craft magazines & on Ideal World Shopping channel, Create & Craft TV
- In 2012 I had an opportunity to work on Channel 4’s Kirstie Allsopp’s new craft series, Vintage Homemade Home, albeit as a quiet background crafter. It was wonderful to meet Kirstie and see the behind the scenes of such a lovely inspiring craft show.
- I designed graphics for a UK software company, Serif, for their Craft Artist Professional software
- I’ve been a Published Artist at Daz3D designing digital content for their award winning 3d graphic software, Daz Studio, for just over 11yrs (as of 2015)
- recently completed designing my first fabric collection for Makower UK (2017)
This is me
- I’m a Londoner, born and bred
- I live in the heart of Cornwall where I spent most of my childhood
- I have a strong faith in God and all things spiritual
- I believe LOVE is the answer
- I believe in looking for joy in the every day things
- I have French and Irish heritage
- I went to the same school as Simon Cowell
- I love marzipan, chocolate and Mount Gay rum – not necessarily in that order
- I’ve lived in USA and Norway
- I’ve traced my Mum’s family back to the 17th Century
- I love coffee table books
- I love old fashioned English country pubs
- I’m really “fussy”. About almost everything. I like to be organised and have things just so. I actually call it “attention to detail” but Steve insists I’m just fussy
- I’m extraordinarily loyal
- I don’t like big crowds.
- I love the thought of a magical world of fairies and pixies where Father Christmas + the Easter Bunny are real
- The day I first met my husband was the same day we moved in together
- I’ve seen the birth of two of my grandchildren and my niece
- I’m only 5ft tall
My Story. We all have a story and I think it’s important to share it. On the face of it, it may seem uninteresting or irrelevant but everyone’s story is important and can inspire and help others. I decided to share mine in that hope. I married very young. Had children very young. And later in life found myself running my own little creative business. I have a wealth of wisdom and experience in both areas and I want to share that so I will hopefully help and inspire others.
To find out more about my personal story, please click on my photo or this link
Want to connect with me? I’d love to hear from you. Get in touch. You can join my emailing list – I only send out a newsletter every now and then with general news, latest blog posts and products releases. Or click on this link to take you over to my Facebook page and say hello!