Hello & welcome. I’m Diane, a Cornwall, UK based surface pattern designer, workshop tutor and passionate creative.
I believe everyone is creative! One of my favourite things to do is to share my own creative journey in order to inspire and empower others in theirs.
I love to create happy, simple and colourful designs to bring a little bit of whimsy and joy into the world.
Dream. Create. Inspire. It’s at the heart of what I do. I love that every day I get to do what I love. I love the creative process and I hope what I put out into the world not only brings a bit of joy and happiness to people, but also inspires them to get creative too. Or find that same joy of doing what they love. I believe that we are all creative and have the right to figure out how to express that creativity.
I love sharing what I know. I love being able to help, motivate and hopefully inspire other women to pursue their dreams.
Happy. Delightful. Evocative. Heart & home are at the core of my surface pattern and illustrations. Inspired by nature, family & the simple pleasures of living in the heart of Cornwall, I love to create whimsical and charming patterns that all start out as hand drawn sketches.
This is me
- I’m a Londoner, born and bred
- I live in the heart of Cornwall where I spent most of my childhood
- I have a strong faith in God and all things spiritual
- I believe LOVE is the answer
- I love fabric. A LOT.
- I quilt and crochet since I was a child. Taught by my grandmother.
- I believe in looking for joy in the every day things
- I have French and Irish heritage
- I went to the same school as Simon Cowell
- I love marzipan, chocolate and Mount Gay rum – not necessarily in that order
- I’ve lived in USA and Norway
- I’ve traced my Mum’s family back to the 17th Century
- I love coffee table books
- I love old fashioned English country pubs
- I’m really “fussy”. About almost everything. I like to be organised and have things just so. I actually call it “attention to detail” but Steve insists I’m just fussy
- I’m extraordinarily loyal
- I love the thought of a magical world of fairies and pixies where Father Christmas + the Easter Bunny are real
- I’ve had the absolute honour and privilege to be at the births of two of my grandchildren and my niece
- I’m only 5ft tall
My Story. We all have a story and I think it’s important to share it. On the face of it, it may seem uninteresting or irrelevant but everyone’s story is important and can inspire and help others. I decided to share mine in that hope. I married very young. Had children very young. And later in life found myself running my own little creative business. I have a wealth of wisdom and experience in both areas and I want to share that so I will hopefully help and inspire others.