Welcome to my website. My name is Diane and I’m truly happy that you’re here. I’m a UK based surface pattern designer and digital artist living in heart of Cornwall. Inspired by the stunning beaches and countryside where I live, I create colourful and happy designs to inspire others in their own creative pursuits. Each design injected with much joy and passion. They always make me smile. That’s what I hope for you too!
Dream. Create. Inspire. It’s at the heart of what I do. I love that every day I get to do what I love. It’s not work to me. It’s a source of joy and passion. I love the creative process and I hope what I put out into the world not only brings a bit of joy and happiness to people, but also inspires them to get creative too. Or find that same joy of doing what they love. I believe that we are all creative and have the right to figure out how to express that creativity.
I love sharing what I know. I love being able to help, motivate and hopefully inspire other women to pursue their dreams.
Pretty. Delightful. Evocative. Heart & home are at the core of my designs. Inspired by nature, family & the simple pleasures of living in the heart of Cornwall I love to create whimsical and charming patterns that all start out as hand drawn sketches.
Work. Here’s a snapshot of some of the work I’ve been fortunate to do in recent years:-
- creating bespoke designs for a UK photo book company
- my work has been featured in UK craft magazines & on Ideal World Shopping channel, Create & Craft TV
- In 2012 I had an opportunity to work on Channel 4’s Kirstie Allsopp’s new craft series, Vintage Homemade Home, albeit as a quiet background crafter. It was wonderful to meet Kirstie and see the behind the scenes of such a lovely inspiring craft show.
- I designed graphics for a UK software company, Serif, for their Craft Artist Professional software
- I was a Published Artist at Daz3D designing digital content for their award winning 3d graphic software, Daz Studio, for just over 12yrs.
- my dream came true to be a fabric designer when I recently completed designing my first fabric collection for Makower UK (2017)
This is me
- I’m a Londoner, born and bred
- I live in the heart of Cornwall where I spent most of my childhood
- I have a strong faith in God and all things spiritual
- I believe LOVE is the answer
- I believe in looking for joy in the every day things
- I have French and Irish heritage
- I went to the same school as Simon Cowell
- I love marzipan, chocolate and Mount Gay rum – not necessarily in that order
- I’ve lived in USA and Norway
- I’ve traced my Mum’s family back to the 17th Century
- I love coffee table books
- I love old fashioned English country pubs
- I’m really “fussy”. About almost everything. I like to be organised and have things just so. I actually call it “attention to detail” but Steve insists I’m just fussy
- I’m extraordinarily loyal
- I don’t like big crowds.
- I love the thought of a magical world of fairies and pixies where Father Christmas + the Easter Bunny are real
- The day I first met my husband was the same day we moved in together
- I’ve seen the birth of two of my grandchildren and my niece
- I’m only 5ft tall
My Story. We all have a story and I think it’s important to share it. On the face of it, it may seem uninteresting or irrelevant but everyone’s story is important and can inspire and help others. I decided to share mine in that hope. I married very young. Had children very young. And later in life found myself running my own little creative business. I have a wealth of wisdom and experience in both areas and I want to share that so I will hopefully help and inspire others.